Answers from Our Experts (1)
Waldorf Astoria Park City’s Powder restaurant specializes in gourmet modern mountain cuisine that’s served for breakfast, lunch and dinner from menus that change along with the season. There are a few standard dishes and drinks available throughout the year, however, here are our picks as the best things to eat and drink at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Mountain Nicoise salad. Served at lunch, this tasty salad made with fresh seared Utah trout, tomatoes, olives, haricot vert, shaved fennel, potatoes and eggs serves as a refreshing twist on the classic dish.
2. Nutella Fondue. Even those without much of a sweet tooth will find it hard not to devour this deliciously decadent dessert, made with marshmallows, strawberries, bananas and croissant pieces dipped in warm Nutella.
3. Wine. Powder restaurant has hundreds of unique wine selections on display in glass-fronted, temperature controlled coolers, with a major focus on German rieslings and Burgundies. Ask the restaurant’s expert sommelier about wines that pair well with your entrée.
4. Charcuterie selection. One of the Four-Star restaurant’s signature starters and a must for meat lovers, the charcuterie selection here includes a healthy portion of house-cured meats such as pâté, salami and chorizo.
5. Wild game. Elk, venison and other wild-game dishes are typically included on the menu throughout the year at this luxury Park City hotel. Offal is also a menu staple, with past offerings including succulent creations such as seared foie gras with sauternes geleé, blackberry and apple.